Food, health, textiles and whiskey companies are amongst the 24 finalists for EY’s Entrepreneur of the Year 2017 programme.
The nominated finalists, who have been selected in the three categories of emerging, industry and international, have a combined workforce of more than 5,000 people and turnover of more than €475m, according to the organisers.
“This year’s finalists were chosen because they have demonstrated the ability to navigate change as business leaders and, as such, they represent the very best talent within Ireland’s entrepreneurial community today,” said Kevin Mc Loughlin lead partner for the EY Entrepeneur of the Year programme.
“We are also pleased to see strong female representation within the finalists this year, however, we look forward to seeing this diversity grow further year-on-year as an increasing number of female-led entrepreneurial businesses make waves across Ireland,” he added.
The full list of finalists for EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2017 are as follows:
- Aoife Lawler and Niamh Sherwin-Barry, The Irish Fairy Door Company
- Jack Teeling, Teeling Whiskey
- Niall McGarry, Maximum Media/Joe Media
- Ian McKenna, eLight
- Jack and Declan O’Connor, BHSL
- Daithi O’Connor, Revive Active
- Ciara Donlon, Theya Healthcare
- Samuel Dennigan, Strong Roots
- Patrick McAliskey, Novosco
- Gary and Andrew Irwin, Bedeck
- Evelyn O’Toole, CLS
- Ramona Nicholas, Cara Pharmacy
- Patrick McCann, Simplyfruit (Ire) Ltd
- Trevor Annon, Mount Charles Group
- Louis Keating, L&M Keating Ltd
- Jim Burke, GoBus.ie
- Harry Hughes, Portwest
- Mark Barrett, APC
- Darragh Cullen, Edge Innovate
- Brendan Monaghan, Neueda
- Fergus and Frances McArdle, Height for Hire
- Jane Gallagher and Róisín Callaghan, Cogs & Marvel
- Kevin O’Loughlin, Nostra
- Alan Foy, Blueface